Home Child Care Provider Pilot

by testadmin

“The new pilot does not require the caregivers to live-in the homes where they are providing care. It also allows them to bring their family with them.”

The home child care provider is a pilot program launched by Canada on 18 June 2019 along with the home support worker pilot. This replaces the previous Live-in caregiver programs.


The home child care provider pilot is aimed at NOC 4411. It brings some new improvements to the previous caregiver programs. The new pilot does not require the caregivers to live-in the homes where they are providing care. It also allows them to bring their family with them. The spouse can come on an open work permit and the children are eligible to get a study permit. This enables the caregivers to be with their family while providing this much needed service for Canadians. The program also gives them an occupation specific open work permit during the initial two years before their permanent residency is finalized. This allows the caregivers to change employers if they so choose.


The home child care provider program or ‘nanny program’ as it is commonly called is a pathway to permanent residence along with its sister program, the home support worker program. These programs enable families to take care of their young children in their homes without sending them to day cares. This is especially important during challenging times, such as the corona virus pandemic. Also, the program ensures a pool of highly skilled nurses are available as caregivers due to the fact that it is a PR program. Its also a no brainer for families with more than two children to take care of, as the economics of hiring a caregiver works out to be better than sending both children to day care. It also saves parents the hassle of picking up and dropping off children at day cares and carefully orchestrating their schedules around the day care’s timings.


This program is open to applicants with following titles who may not necessarily be nurses.

  • Au Pair
  • Baby sitter
  • Child care provider
  • Nanny
  • Parent’s helper
  • Babysitter – shopping mall
  • Babysitter – fitness center


Eligibility Criteria


The following are the requirements to become a home child care provider in Canada


Job offer

The applicant must have a job offer from an eligible employer in Canada.


Work experience

They should have a minimum of two years’ work experience in Canada for permanent residency or prove ability to do the job either by virtue of work experience in a foreign country or by virtue of education/training.


Language ability

A language score of CLB 5 is required for working as a home child care provider



At least one year of post-secondary education is required to be eligible for the pilot. The applicant must do an educational credential evaluation to prove equivalency to Canadian standards.

Owner/Operator LMIA

by Sarin Surendran

Owner-operator LMIA


Owner/Operator LMIA is one of the least known immigration programs. Currently there are many trucking companies who are willing to give owner operator LMIA’s to truckers with AZ driving license. However owner/operator LMIA is not just for trucking. Any business owner who has a controlling stake in a company in Canada can show that they are also going to be operating or working for their business in Canada and come here on a work visa.

This can be in other businesses such as restaurants, cafes, franchise businesses etc. They must either have 100% ownership pf the business or if they are in a partnership own majority of the shares. This requires a good amount of capital investment and the ability and willingness to operate the business.

Current State of Express Entry

by Sarin Surendran

“With the current CRS points hovering around the 470 mark, it has become extremely difficult for the second tier of applicants to come to Canada.”

The much hailed express entry came to be seen as a more efficient and fair system replacing the previous Federal Skilled Worker Program which was based on a first come first serve model. Even though the start to this program looked as if this was going to be extremely easy for potential aspirants to get a PR easily, it has become anything but that.

With the current CRS points hovering around the 470 mark, it has become extremely difficult for the second tier of applicants to come to Canada. The 470 marks in practical terms is someone who has a master’s degree, excellent English language skills, 6+ years of work experience and who is below 29 years of age. I know what you are thinking, not many of us are lucky to be in that boat. Many of these factors are not controllable, especially age, years of experience, language ability. What is a candidate then supposed to do. This is where the expertise and advice of qualified and registered immigration consultants comes into play. Spending the time and money to consult an adviser can often save time, money and heart ache in the end. To illustrate this, several students come to us after having studied in Canada without enough points to meet the CRS score. Many of them didn’t take expert advice and came for the cheapest (aka shortest) courses, hoping to get PR at the end of it. Unfortunately several of them are left with no option but to go back to their home countries with their hopes of settling in Canada dashed to the ground. A few thousand dollars at the right time could have saved them tens of thousands and no hopes of making it at the end of a few years.

The current state of affairs is good for the Canadian economy and the government but it puts the truly aspiring candidate unable to compete in this hyper-competitive environment.


Migrosapiens © 2019 All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy