Humanitarian & Compassionate applications are often done when there is no other recourse to permanent residency. The applicant cannot apply for H&C on any frivolous ground. An application for H&C needs to demonstrate to the officer that they have compelling reasons for remaining in Canada based on their establishment, separation from family members in Canada, best interests of their child and hardship they would suffer in their home country.
Who qualifies for H&C?
- Being established in Canada
- Having physical or mental health conditions
- Whether you have children or other dependents living with you in Canada that would be affected
- You have a family relation to Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Completion of education in Canada
- Volunteer work in Canada
- Proficiency in English or French
- Financial savings and property in Canada
- Social ties to Canada and your community
- You would experience severe hardship or difficulties if you returned to your home country